Welcome to St. Stephens Episcopal Church
The oldest, operating church in the State of Michigan can be found in the Village of Hamburg.
St. Stephens parish was organized in 1844, and construction of the church began almost immediately. Hiram Raymond of Hamburg was the contractor, and building funds were solicited in the East and in Europe. Donations were received from Hamburg, Germany, the native city of some parishioners.
The clean, delicate lines of the church and the interesting tower make this one of the state’s most intriguing churches.